Avantpage is an equal opportunity employer that has the opportunity to add teammates from anywhere in the world! We’re united by Avantpage’s values, and we celebrate our unique differences.
We’re excited about diversity and inclusivity—we hire talented teammates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences, and we’re committed to a work environment of respect and kindness.
The section below contains the current roles we are looking to fill. We hire both remote and location-specific roles which will be listed clearly below.
Growing Translation Company is looking for a smart, service-savvy and self-starting client manager. This dedicated and energetic person will service Avantpage clients, ensuring they receive excellent quality and service, while increasing our sales volume.The ideal candidate will have a “can do” attitude and a desire for a demanding but exciting role helping grow a business where you can truly make a difference by helping immigrants.
- Deepen relationship with assigned clients as measured in customer satisfaction
- Increase sales to clients by 25% year over year
- Develop and conduct successful Quarterly Business Reviews
- Broaden the relationship via new services, new units, etc.
Our business is thriving, as our niche experiences high demand our existing customers require higher volumes, more languages, newer services and high quality. We have a “high touch” customer base that requires high levels of quality attention.
We are looking for a language industry lover who is comfortable and familiar with technology and regulatory requirements to guide our clients in fulfilling their mandates.
- Grow business
- Increase sales to existing clients
- Look for and develop new business avenues within existing accounts
- Attain or exceed sales goals
- Service clients
- Ownership of the overall business relationship
- Exceed service expectations
- Explain and propose pricing and produce quotes.
- Act as first line escalation path for production and delivery issues.
- Develop and run customer quality business reviews.
- Attain or exceed service goals
- Supporting activities
- Develop recovery plans when business is in danger.
- Participate in kickoff meetings including Operations Team
- Make client calls and perform in-person and online presentations and demonstrations
- Communicate regularly with clients to ensure satisfaction with service and quality
- Enter and maintain information in HubSpot CRM
- Prepare service and activity reports
Fill out the form to apply!
Minority Language Internship: From Cultural Expert to Professional Translator
Avantpage, Inc. is looking for an intern with a love for linguistics, languages, and technology. Experience gained in the classroom and through personal application will be accepted. The schedule is 4-10 hours weekly during the summer of 2017 for a maximum of 80 hours; dates negotiable.
- Learn about the project management and linguistic aspects of the localization process and participate in the translation of selected files with mentor oversight
- Learn the process for measuring translation quality and participate in evaluating selected files with mentor oversight
- Learn about technology and linguistic assets used in the industry; review current linguistic assets with mentor oversight
- Assist in developing test materials for translators to qualify as Avantpage translation partners
Applicants must speak, read, and write a minority language; that is, a language that is used by a large population in the U.S. and that is not commonly taught in the U.S. as a foreign language in schools. Applicants should share in the Avantpage commitment to serving immigrants and refugees, understand the basic functions of a language service provider, have experience communicating professionally in English in both written and oral forms, including presentation skills, excellent computer file organization skills, experience using Skype for texts, phone conversations, screen sharing, and document exchange, basic Excel skills such as formulas, graphs and charts.
Essential skills and Qualities
- Great people skills
- A love of problem-solving
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly
- Able to wear many hats in an environment where no one work day is the same!
- The initiative to adapt to fluctuating workloads.
- Foreign Languages
- Allied Health
- Any field that may encounter translation as a service
What we offer
- Professional development opportunities
- Training in new tools, technologies, and processes
- Being part of a multicultural team
- Excellent working environment
Graduate students or last semester students encouraged to apply.
Fill out the form to apply!
Interested in Joining Us as a Translator? If you are interested in joining the Avantpage team, we would love to hear from you! Please sign up on our Vendor system and we will contact you if your professional background meets our hiring criteria and current needs. If you would like to contact us directly, please email at email@example.com. We encourage you to also submit your resume and a sample translation.
Who Are Avantpage’s Translators? At Avantpage, our translators are the lifeblood of our company. Their skills, knowledge, and expertise enable us to provide accurate, quality translation in well over 150 languages for a diverse client base, including healthcare, financial, education, government and more. At Avantpage, our translators are much more than just foreign language experts. They have a passion for linguistics, a gift for understanding the finer points of syntax, grammar, and style, and a profound knowledge of how language and culture affects written and oral communication, beliefs, and behaviors.
How Are Translators Selected? We select our translators very carefully, and they must go through a rigorous qualification/training process before being asked to join the Avantpage team. We choose individuals based on their depth of knowledge, experience, and professionalism, and offer complete training on our online project management systems, translation tools, quality control processes, company expectations, and specific customer service guidelines.
What Can You Expect? When you work for Avantpage, you’re among the best translators in the business – experienced, focused, expert, individuals who put their heart and soul into every translation project they take on.